Get Facebook Notifications Out of Your Inbox and Onto Your Menubar

Sunday, September 13, 2009 at 10:24 PM
I just found this great application that lives in your menubar and lets your know what's going on with your Facebook account. It's called, simply, Desktop Notifications. If you have Growl, it works even better by giving you one of those little popups the moment you get poked.


I like this app because Facebook has reached the point where I use it as a communication platform as much as regular email. I used to have my Facebook email notifications get routed automatically to a special folder in Mail, but it always seemed a bit redundant to mark new messages as read in two places.

The app is lightweight, effective, and definitely worth a look.

(via TUAW)

0 comments

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010 Desktop Maven | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Layout by MB Web Design | Coded by Cahaya Biru