Reduce Login Annoyances With BugMeNot and Temporary Email

Friday, July 24, 2009 at 12:19 PM
Occasionally, I'll need something quick from a website that requires a login or insists on sending my data in the form of an email. I find it annoying to go through the process of registering my name, email, and address unless I know I'm going to use the service more than once. In the past, I used to just toss these sites the email address to a dummy Gmail account so that my real account doesn't get filled up with unwanted newsletters and spam. However, logging in and out of multiple accounts is a big pain; especially when that confirmation email doesn't come right away. There has to be a better way. Guess what? There is!

1. BugMeNot


Bugmenot is simple. You enter the URL for the website you want temporary access to and Bugmenot returns a list of user-submitted user names and passwords. Each login has a percentage next to it that shows the probability of its success so you can easily see which logins have been shut down by the administrator. Even better, BugMeNot has a Firefox add-on that makes the process that much more seamless.

2. Anonymous Email Boxes


This service allows you to make a temporary address @makemetheking.com and check it instantly with no password or login. That's it! Just give the annoying website your dummy address and wait for the email to show up. Nice!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010 Desktop Maven | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Layout by MB Web Design | Coded by Cahaya Biru